Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What would cause the washer to start the wash cycle before

What would cause the washer to start the wash cycle before the water fills the tub? Also, on the final spin cycle the rinse water does not shut off, and the water does not get removed?

appliance Doc :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

appliance Doc :

This is a common failure for this model washer and unfortunately there is no way to "reset" the issue. The pressure sensor switch inside the control panel has failed and it's agitating to early instead of holding off until the tub is full of water. If you have a model number I can look up the part you'd need to replace if you'd like.

Customer:

MVWC6ESWW1 serial #cy3440978

appliance Doc :

Perfect, thank you.

appliance Doc :

CLICK HERE

appliance Doc :

above is a link to your part

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

appliance doc,

you mentioned a water pressure sensor switch, yet the part # you suggested I ordered was for a water temperature switch. Are they the same switch, and does it affect the water being added at the end of the spin cycle?

It can affect the water any time it comes in or if it comes in when it shouldn't because it's a control board inside a plastic switch housing.

This switch is a dual purpose switch. It has a small rubber hose going to it as well from the back which is the air pressure hose. They call it a temperature switch, but it's also a pressure sensor. Just to be clear, you need part number W10248240.