Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

I have a GE stove model no. 790.95411102. With the circuit

I have a GE stove model no. 790.95411102. With the circuit breaker on, the oven comes on by itself, continues to heat with the elements red hot, and then the F1 error code starts flashing. The only way to stop it is to turn of the circuit breaker. Is this a repair that a do-it-yourself can do? I've been working on my own cars since 1973, including trouble shooting the electrical in the cars.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992.
Let me pull the manual on it, be right back.

The unit has a control relay stuck on the bake or broil. You would need to change the control board by removing the rear top panel from the back.
Match the wires up with a new board, it will be the same. Pull one wire off at a time.
You will need to order the control and a new overlay:
Part#NNN-NN-NNNN(control board)
Part#NNN-NN-NNNNoverlay

Do a Google search on the best price!

Here is a good break down of the area to replace:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-79095411102/0582/0124111/R0203513/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=79095411102

Number 20 and 20a.

This will take care of the problem
Thank you
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How to close 100% will this correct my problem?

100% correct will solve your issue.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is an appliance parts house I deal with near my house. They do not have the overlay and neither do a lot online dealers. The person at my store said that if the overlay was not damaged, I could use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue and attach to the new control board. How feasible is that little trick? I've done similar on restoring my cars.

I always recommend replacing the overlay for bubbles and not making good contact when replacing the control. But yes you can try the heat gun, but can't say for certain you would be successful in doing it, they almost always stick to it and not re stick. I would just put it in your budget you may have to , if not give it a try. Why not? Good luck to you