Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

RA-ScE

Customer Question

I replaced the smart filter but the ice dispenser is now not making ice. I do not have a water dispeser so could not perfomr th step to fluch the line. What to do???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 years ago.

yes call for chilled water for about 2-3 min with a bucket or pitcher to flush all the air in the system,, from the air that was in the filter when it was installed . o

also if you start and stop the chilled water it will viberatec the piping in the system and shake the air bubbles off the piping after the water is flowing .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have a water dispenser so I cannot run any water through the system. That's the problem

Ok you stated ((moving the arm up and down on the dispenser)) so I assumed you had a chilled water dispenser also on this model

Let me have your units model number to better assist you ? .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ZISW48" builtin

ok the easiest way to flush the air out of this model system is to pour water ( 6 oz.) into the icemaker and allow it to freeze and cycle.

When it cycles and drops the ice you will need to refill the icemaker ,and do this several times till each time the icemaker cycles it will flush a small amount of air out of the system this will take approx 24 hours to flush all the air out of the system .

is this something you feel you can do ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by pouring water INTO the icemaker. Can you explain that?

take a cup of 6 oz of water and pour the water into the mold of the icemaker.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will doing tha really affect the line that goes from the filter on right to the icemaker unit on left side

if you pour the water right into the mold it will not effect the water line at all .

when you pour water into the icemaker it will cause the water to freeze, when the icemaker mold reaches a temp of 15 degrees the icemaker will cycle dump the ice and then try to refill the icemaker (thus letting some air out of the water system)

and then you will need to refill the icemaker mold manually till when it does cycle and no more air is in the system and it then fills with water !

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will try that but will take a while to know if it will work

yes each time you pour water into the unit it will take approx 2 hours for the water to freeze and drop the ice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, i will try it and be back to you, okay?

no problem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Before I approve and pay I want to see if your advice works. Thanks

that is fine,, even after you approve I will still assist you too on this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Now been through three cycles of manually making ice and that didn't work. Now what?

once all the air is purged out of the system is will start to fill with water as normal .

cycle the unit a few more time if you will .