Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Oven Flames Turns On And Off IS MY OVEN FLAME SUPPOSE TO

Oven Flames Turns On And Off

IS MY OVEN FLAME SUPPOSE TO GO OUT AND ON SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE BAKING PROCESS?

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Frigidaire gas range model FFGF3047LS. the oven flame keeps going out and back on several times during baking. i dont know if this is normal. the manual didnt say anything about flame going out. top burners work fine. brand new stove recently converted to lp.

Kegel,

This is normal, when the oven reaches baking temps the burners shut off until it cools enough to have to heat up again, If the oven burner stayed on during the entire baking process all you would have is burnt food..

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your response...does this normally happen with just frigidaire stoves or other popular brands as well? am only asking because all the stoves i have used before didnt have that feature.the flames stays on to the end and the food cooked properly.

No it had to, think about it, the flames do not adjust themelves to adjust temps, on the cooktop you adjust the flame height to get the temps you want, on all gas ovens you turn the flame on and off to keep the temps properly.

.

.

.

.