How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi My Jenn-Air Microwave JMV8000ADB SERIAL NUMBER 10000337UH,

Customer Question


My Jenn-Air Microwave JMV8000ADB SERIAL NUMBER 10000337UH, does not heat and makes a new noise
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Is the new noise a "growling" type sound?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no not really, a more intense white noise


steady no change in pitch

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 years ago.

I see Kelly has opted out .

I will try to assist you .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter to be able to do some voltage tests ?

And have you ever worked on a High voltage microwave before?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and no.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 years ago.

ok since you have never worked on a High Voltage system that use 5,000 volts to run the heasting cycle .

I have to send this to you .

Consumer Product Safety Commission
Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens
CPSC Document #5061
The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average,
four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover
and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source.
Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.


Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Related Appliance Questions