Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

RA-HCH

Customer Question

i have a side by side ge refrigerator the water and ice dispenser will not work and every time you press down the handle the light goes dim. Is this a control board issue? or frozen lines?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Unplug the unit. Remove the kickplate in the front under the doors. There should be a connector under there coming from the freezer door. Take a wire brush an old toothbrush or something and clean that connector up really good. Put it together and give it a try.

If that did not work let me know,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the water line?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so if you were talking about the water line connector i did that still not working. every time i push down on the arm all the control lights go off.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.

I was not talking about the water line and you rated poor service without understanding or asking one single question?