Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Whirlpool Accubake with a F5E1 error code. What can

I have a Whirlpool Accubake with a F5E1 error code. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

.

.

LOCATE YOUR RANGE/STOVE/OVEN MODEL NUMBER

First, here are some tips to help with your model number:

1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.

2. Don't enter any blank spaces.

3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.

4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.

5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.

Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

* Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up

* On the outside, bottom of the unit

* Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

* Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up

* On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

* On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)

* On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model - GBS279PV500

Ser - XW3211544

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The unit cannot tell that the door is unlocked on the unit, have you done a self clean before this happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is the door lock all the way to one side of the opening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this unit does not have a door lock that I am aware of.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It has to, it is necessary for the locking mechanism to keep the door shut during a self clean cycle, did this problem start right after a self clean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes - there are the latches inside the oven at the top. I have moved them to the right & they move slightly to the left. The light turns off - but it does not make a difference when I close the door & try to start it.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is the door closing all the way when you close it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As far as I can tell. I have slammed it a bit & pushed on it. But it does not seem to made a difference.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

The switch on the door lock mechanism has broken, if you decide to repair this yourself you will need part number W10195934, Not really hard to do if you are handy at all. You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

.

.

If you decide to have it repaired, You can call A&E Factory Service @ 1.800.905.9505 to have it repaired

.

Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly W10195934       Main Product View

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech