Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..
Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...
LOCATE YOUR RANGE/STOVE/OVEN MODEL NUMBER
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.
You might find the tag in one of these places:
* Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
* On the outside, bottom of the unit
* Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit
* Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
Gas or Electric Oven
* On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)
* On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open
model - GBS279PV500
Ser - XW3211544
this unit does not have a door lock that I am aware of.
yes - there are the latches inside the oven at the top. I have moved them to the right & they move slightly to the left. The light turns off - but it does not make a difference when I close the door & try to start it.
As far as I can tell. I have slammed it a bit & pushed on it. But it does not seem to made a difference.
The switch on the door lock mechanism has broken, if you decide to repair this yourself you will need part number W10195934, Not really hard to do if you are handy at all. You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.
If you decide to have it repaired, You can call A&E Factory Service @ 1.800.905.9505 to have it repaired
All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory