Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We just put a new heat probe in our jenn aire built in double

We just put a new heat probe in our jenn aire built in double oven, model # XXXXX because the heat was turning on & off during baking. Now I bake something at 400 degrees, and when it is done and I turn off the oven and about 20 minutes later the oven starts to beep and flash F2. I have to flip the main switch to get it to stop. We just replaced the relay control board last year. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F2 means that the oven thinks the temperature is way too hot inside. If the temperature really is way too hot, then you need to replace the relay control board again. If you don't think the temperature is that far off, then you could have a bad oven sensor or a bad relay board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?