Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

Customer Question

My icemaker will not make ice in my Amana refrigerator ? I have tried to be sure the icebucket is in the proper position. Any other suggestions short of calling a repairman?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 3 years ago.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992. Do you have the model number by chance.
Should be located in the fresh food section upper left corner.
Thank you. I will get back with you asap.

JACUSTOMER-sjuppv11- :

Rick, this is Max. No, I don't. I am at work. I can get it to you late tonight and you could provide an answer tomorrow if you need the model number. By the way, it is a side by side, freezer and refrigerator. I am guessing its about 7 years old as that is how old the condo I live in is.

Appliance Parts :

Yes i can certainly give you a more accurate answer on the issue, with a correct model number.
There is some different issue, with certain models. So if you don't mind i will wait for the model number.
But one of my questions would be, is there any water or ice in the icemaker itself? You would need to check to eliminate the water valve, and to make sure the bin sensor or arm is in the on position.