Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Only part of my control panel buttons light up. The auto clean

Only part of my control panel buttons light up. The auto clean for one. I cannot get the machine to start. It is a model Maytag MDB-9 Serial numbers are: MDBS661AWS and 36236863JX. I would like to know how to access the inside of the panel and replace what needs to be replaced. thank you
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a really common failure for this model dishwasher. Try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If not,t hen you need to order and replace the touch control panel. To replace this part, open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner. The door will split apart and with the power disconnected to the dishwasher, you can replace the touchpad. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.