Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

GE Profile Self-Cleaning Dual Fuel Convection oven: rear heating

GE Profile Self-Cleaning Dual Fuel Convection oven: rear heating element in oven started sparking (white flame) while the oven was on and now "bake" won't work (oven stays cold) but "roast" does. Do I need to replace the rear heating element and if so, how difficult is it to do and what part do I need to order? Thanks!
May I have the units model number to better assist you ?
If you open the door it will be on the units face frame .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you you will need to replace the lower Bake element it had what we call a HOTSPOT and burnt thru . the element is held in place with two screws and then you just unhook two wire terminals to it ,basic tools needed if you are handy at all approx 15 min to replace.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE for part info

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I need to pull the range out from the wall or can I just do it from within the inside of the oven?

just open the oven door and lean into the oven , of course remove all the oven racks,and screws are normally 1/4 inch heads.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What ever you sent did not come thru .

I tried to open it in several differant formats .

I`m assuming you must have sent a picture?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that's okay. You've confirmed what I need to replace and actually I've used Repair Clinic before and like them a lot. I'll open up the panel in a bit and check the burner against the part number you referenced. It seems like its hard to find parts for that particular model since what you sent me is out of stock right now plus I wasn't very successful when I looked at their site before for parts for that GE model. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think this is the part that I's circular, which is what I suspected.

Convection Element

Convection element
Manufacturer Number WB44T10053

ok so you need the convection element not the bake element

Click here