Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My kenmore ultra wash dishwasher will not start. Nothing lights

My kenmore ultra wash dishwasher will not start. Nothing lights up. At the advice of parts sales I replaced the control board. That did nothing. washer still wont start. Has power. tried shutting off breaker and restarting, no help. The fuse and door lock switches seem ok (continuity on the fuse and switches when depressed). can you help? Thanks

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have power at the board itself ? can you get me the model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I plug the washer in I hear a clicking sound at control board.

model 665 137 42K601

okay perfect, that means theres power there. that tells me its the control panel. since you replace the control module we know thats not the issue. I'm not sure what color your control is, can you tell me ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by color of control? The panel is white

okay this is yours. this is what you need to replace. heres a link to the part. hope this info helps. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything to check on the control panel before replacing?

unfortunately theres nothing you can test on that. theres no way to test it.if you hear a click at the board this is getting power and the boards been replaced so its good. the only thing left since this doesn't light up at all is the control panel. its connected directly to the board you replaced. the ribbon that connects to the board is most likely the issue but that part of the control panel and cant be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thank you

your very welcome. have a great day, thanks, Bryan