Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Quiet 11. At just about the end of the

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Quiet 11. At just about the end of the heated dry cycle it stopped everything. No indication of power to the button board at all. It is plugged in and the circuit breaker was not tripped. Last summer the button control panel was replaced because it was peeling back. What would you think has gone wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number ? thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DU1100XTPQA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see no response,

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
good evening, okay your thermal fuse has blown. give me a few minutes to bring up some diagrams for you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay this is located up near the control board, its number 6 on this diagram. heres a link to show you how to test this. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/W10258275/1549751?modelNumber=DU1100XTPQA thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Isn't there a better picture to show where the fuse is located?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry no. its right near the control you replaced. normaly clipped to the door itself or the control. you shouldn't have to much trouble finding it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay I'll look tonight and check it with the ohms meter. If I can find it and check it I will finish the rating section.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bryan I left the Ohms meter at work so I wasn't able to check the thermal fuse. I did today and found no continuity. My concern is the defect that caused the fuse to blow.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

I understand. well if the heater is shorted that could cause it but also just a power spike could also. and It may have been just ready to go , that happens too. test the heater for a short .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I rate you do I have to pay again to continue this fix

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No you don't have to pay again, this question will stay open as long as you need me whether you rate me or not. just come back and I will continue to help you if needed, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Part should be in today. i'll let you know.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I'll be here checking.I am doing upgrades on my computer system so it may be a bit before I reply depending on what I'm up grading, talk then. Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay Bryan the dishwasher is working. I changed out the fuse only as I couldn't find any wiring assembly similar to the part I received. Total time involved about 1 hour. Thanks for help. Jim W.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your welcome !glad to hear it, thanks and best wishes, Bryan