Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My model No. is KHMS105BBL-0, 1994. Can the screen on the

My model No. is KHMS105BBL-0, 1994.
Can the screen on the door of the microwave be taken off safely and put back on? Asking because residue from some food heated in the oven got on the inner part of the glass door and I would like to clean it up!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It can definitely be done but I would NOT classify it as easy. That mesh screen is part of the entire door frame. There are only a few screws inside the door that you would need to remove, but everything is clipped together and can crack when prying on it to release the clips. Below is a small video that shows you how to remove the inner door gasket called the "choke". Then you can pry around the outside edges and remove what screws you see inside the door to unclip the outside of the door and separate the front glass panel from the inner door frame.

CLICK HERE for video

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?