Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE front loading, model WBVH6240FWW goes through all cycles

Customer Question

My GE front loading, model WBVH6240FWW goes through all cycles perfectly. It fills, washes, drains and spins as it should but when it spins it makes a racket which gets worse as the speed increases. It sounds as if it may come to pieces. When empty, the tub turns smoothly with the only noise being a rubber rubbing noise, which I guess is the tub against the boot seal. I'm stumped! What could I have here?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

when you had the back off and checked the pulley did you see if it moves in and out ?what kind of noise does this make ? does it sound like a jet plane taking off when it gets going ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like you to respond to my question as to what might be happening with my machine! Do you need further info?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Yes from what your saying it sounds like the rear tub bearing is failing. this is common on these after 3-4 years of use. was the leak you found in the front ? the reason I ask is because when the rear bearing is failing the tub tends to drop in the front and rub the boot causing a small hole. if thats the case your rear bearing is bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can the bearing be replaced without replacing the tub, shaft, inner bearing, etc. and will the boot seal also have to be replaced?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
unfortunately no, the rear bearing only comes pressed into the tub assembly. this is a huge and costly job. the drum is over $400.00 and the boot is another $135.00 and hours of labor.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
I wish I could give you better news. sorry.