Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a 2004 GE refrigerator PS 123MGPB with a ice maker WR30X10012. Question

I have a 2004 GE refrigerator PS 123MGPB with a ice maker WR30X10012.
Question I have is there a timer to allow a certain amount of water to enter the ice tray so it does not overfill ?
When I flip the switch to on for the ice maker it depenses just a small amount of water then shuts off. Filter is good with plenty of water flow as GE suggests.

I would appreciate any suggestions
Jim
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

There is a sensor in the ice maker that feels when the ice maker is full.

When you press at the dispenser for water it starts then stops?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I notice a swing arm which has a magnet at the end which passes a part of a circuit board.

It sounds to me like it is a malfuntion in the ice maker circuit board, do you agree ?

When you first turn on the ice maker it is supposed to make self checks. One of those is the water fill. Its quite normal for a GE ice maker to turn on the water for a second or so that is part of the self check it makes. If then after the ice maker does not cycle and fill when it gets cold a few hours later the ice maker will need to be replaced. It sounds to me like the water valve is good.

Barry