Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Magic Chef oven/stove and the power chord was chewed

I have a Magic Chef oven/stove and the power chord was chewed on, so now there is no power going to the stove/oven. Can the power cord be replaced?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Yes, the power cord can definitely be replaced. Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? And is this an electric oven or a gas oven?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The stove top is gas so I am guessing that the oven is electric being that there is a power cord.

I don't have a model number.

OK, so is your power cord a thin type power cord like an extension cord you would use? Or is it a big thick huge power cord like what would be on your electric dryer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is more like an extension cord. It is brown in color and is 3 pronged, so it has a ground connection. It looks more like a basic lamp plug.

OK so you just need to go to the hardware store and get a normal 20 amp "pig tail power cord". You can either bring in your old one when you remove it or just ask one of the employees at the hardware store and they will show you were they are located.