Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I remove the kick plate on my kenmore elite h3? I have

How do I remove the kick plate on my kenmore elite h3? I have no power and I need to get some clothes out that are locked in. I have switched all my power switches to off in case power is restored while I try to remove clothes. My standard tools do not fit the bolts with the funny shaped wench holes.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

you need whats called a torx bit set. you can get a set of these at lowes or any hardware store for around 7-8 dollars. you don't need expensive ones. once you have the access panel off you can reach up to the door latch assembly and pull the small release ring at the bottom to open the door.hope this helps, thanks , Bryan