Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

What is the approx. date of sale of GE washer model WCVH6260FWW

What is the approx. date of sale of GE washer model WCVH6260FWW with a serial number of ZH203529T. I understand that the manufacture date would be 2005. I just bought a used machine with those numbers and was told that the machine is approx. one year old. I would like to know if I was mislead.

Martin Lee
Hello and thank you for using this service,

Where did you buy the machine from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A private party who advertised that the machine was "approx. one year old"

Yeah, I am afraid to say you were sold down the river that is a 2005 model. A lot of people do that since the washer looks fairly new. They only will sit around for a maximum of 6 months from the manufacture date before sold. They misled you big time by about 6yrs. I wish I had better news.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you saying that it would be impossible to have this machine sold at a retail store after say 2008 to be extra sure that I was not mislead.

Yes it would have been nearly impossible as no store would have had this unit in 2008, that would have been a 3yr old model and they are not allowed to sell old models only current year units, plus this was a popular model and it would have not have been in any store new that I could think of.