Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a 2010 Maytag Clothes Washer Centennial Commercial technology

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Maytag Clothes Washer Centennial Commercial technology Model#MVWC6ES and the agitator starts as soon as the water starts entering the tub,and the wash cycle only lasts for maybe 2 minutes,also the clothes are still very wet after the spin cycle has completed. What could be the cause,how could I test it and what are the common problems?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service,

This is an extremely common issue on that machine. You need to replace the pressure switch or commonly called the Auto Load sensing switch on the washer and it will work fine again. The new switch solves the issue. It is in the console, just 2 screws and the console flips up to get at the switch. Here is a link to the part..Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the quick response,is this switch also called the water level & temp control switch and when facing the washer it is behind the knob to the immediate left on the control panel?

Yes exactly just order that part in the link I posted....there is only one switch with the correct wiring harness for it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but my part number to that switch is W10248240(this is directly from the back of the part),is the number you provided compatible with my original part? And the connection in the back of my switch have more terminals then the one you are suggesting

Yes that would be correct if your model ends in WW1 not WW0.....I looked up the WWO model as that was more popular....the bottom line is the part on the switch is the one you need...sorry about that.