Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

What does the F4 error code mean?

What does the F4 error code mean?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F4 means that your dishwasher isn't heating. This is rarely if ever an issue with the heating element itself. Usually the main control board has failed and needs to be replaced. Now if this is a double dish drawer, you can remove the front panel on both dish drawers and the control board is located in the upper right corner of each drawer. Remove the 2 control board and swap location. If the error goes away on the drawer that was having the issue, replace the control board that you swapped out because it's faulty. If it's not a double dishdrawer, there is no way to test so you'd just have to replace the control board.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. It is a double drawer dishwasher. I am doing the research for my great aunt who is almost 96. I am doing what I can to not have to have someone go to her house to fix it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So if it is the control board, can I replace that myself or do I need to hire someone to do it? Pretty easy to do? Where would I purchase a control board?
You can definitely replace it yourself. It takes about 20-30 minutes. You can order the part at but you'll need the model number. If you open the top drawer and look around the frame in the lower left corner you can see the model number. It should be something like DD603 I believe.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Awesome, thank you so much! What if board control boards are fine? then what?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Awesome, thank you so much!  What if board control boards are fine?  then what?

Then you would need to replace the heater, but that is a job for a technician as it's not easy to replace at all.