Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

How do you keep the Sub Zero 590 ice maker water line from

How do you keep the Sub Zero 590 ice maker water line from freezing where it enters the freezer from the top. It is supposed to fill the tray by flowing into the larger diameter plastic pipe and empting by gravity into the tray. The water regularly freezes in the plastic tube and creates city water pressure in the plastic line and bursts the plastic line from the solenoid to the freezer compartment. I am done replacing the plastic line and redoing the hardwood floor. I have left the icemaker off for now. Please help..

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

This means that the water valve is seeping at times when the icemaker is done calling for water. When it start to seep, it freezes in the fill tube until frozen solid. The water valve needs to be replaced. This should stop the issue. This happens on all unit made, and is a very common problem. If you find this information helpful, please give me a great rating. If not, please respond back for more information, I work this on the side, please be patient for response...thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That answer makes good sense. I will replace the valve. Thanks