Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool duet front loader washing machine that

I have a whirlpool duet front loader washing machine that after I take the clothes out it's fine but when I go to use it again say that night or next day when I open the door their is water in the tub. I would guess a quart or a little more.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're getting water inside the tub when the washe ris not in use, it means that your electronic inlet water valve isn't sealing up and it's allowing water to slowly drip into the tub. This valve is located on the back of the washer itself and to access it, you need to remove the top panel. To remove this panel, pull the washer forward and unplug the washer. There are 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now turn the water off on the valve behind the washer and disconnect the fill hoses from the back of the washer. The 2 nozzels that you screw the fill hoses to on the back of the washer is your electronic dual water valve. You just need to order and replace this part to fix the issue.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what do you think that part cost? plus should I get it off e-bay? John

The part is usually about $50-75 depending on the model. I'd get the part at an online parts store. Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way? If so, then I can look up the part you need to order and give you a link to it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is a model GHW9150PW4 type199 082 WT/GY Thanks for your help. John

No problem and below is a link to the part you need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I might have payed you twice can you take care of that for me thanks John

Yes, I will send it to customer service to get you a refund on one of them---you did pay twice.