romr2009, Repair Technician
Experience:  32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control

my Frigidaire side by side I had power failure for three days.

my Frigidaire side by side I had power failure for three days. on the refrig controls it has ef on the freezer controls it looks like 59 I hit default and it shows zero freezer and 40 refrig but then it flicks back to that other thing. I unplug and counted to ten and still get the message. I power off and on from control panel and still no dice I can move the temps where I want them but then it flicks back to that other setting. I cleaned out the ice maker and wiped down inside of freezer and I hear it on but it wont change the settings

Hello Beth and thanks for choosing the Appliance category.

• Turn off the power for the unit at the power cord or circuit breaker.
  • ---- Wait 20 minutes for the head pressure to equalize. -----
  • Re-apply power.

• For more specific help, please provide a model number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My frigidaire model fghs2355ke1

I did what you said. the controls on the panel when i try to lower the temps it doesnt stay still... freezer shows 23f and I set to -2 and the refrig shows 45 and i set to 35

• It won't stay still until the target temperature is reached.
  • Is it getting colder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just went and checked it again the freezer side is saying 18f now and you can hear its on like before and the other refrig side says 35f so does that mean I still have to wait and should be able to put my regular settings by morning?