Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Mom has a new range.They experienced a power failure.The

My Mom has a new range.They experienced a power failure.The display now shows an arrow on the upper left side,that will not go away even if power is reset.The symptom is that the top element in the oven is no lonfger working.The bottom element is working.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your oven had something short out and if you see an arrow on the display, it sounds like your display board is the part that shorted. This is the most common part to fail during power outage but if the unit is less than a year old, it will be covered under warranty. To prevent the unit shorting out again from a power outage, you may want to call an electrician and install a surge protector into the double breaker on your house itself.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks,makes sense to me being an electronic technician.

no problem and I wish you only the best of luck.