The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a error code clean, blinking seven times in a row, and

I have a error code clean, blinking seven times in a row, and dishwasher will not restart, or work. It is a whirlpool Quiet Partner III, to start the Service diagnostics cycle is, heated dry,normal, heated dry normal, pressed in sequence within 6 seconds. But this will not reset, or put into diagnostics service cycle. What I've had to do so far is install a new motor and pump, (bearing went in motor). I thought this would fix problem, but motor will not run. Installed new thermoresistor, and it still won't work. I Have tested the High limit thermostat and have a closed circuit, I have tested the heating element and have a closed circuit. Do you have any other suggestions or solutions.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
The 7 flashes is an error code indicating a bad heating system. If the heating system checks out then the control board is the problem.
Please note that you must be sure that all of the heating system components are good before you replace the control board. If you are not positive about the other components then I suggest that you get the new control board from They allow returns of installed electrical components.
hank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so if you would please click on a positive rating I would appreciate it. This will not close your question, or prevent you from asking follow up questions. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have talked to a repairman and he says the control board never or rarely screws up on these type of diswashers.

The 7 flashes indicateds a failed heating system. You dsay that you have tested the heating system components (thermistor and heating element) and they are good. If that is the case then the only thing it can be is the main control board.

I have personally installe a few control boards in this type unit. They do fail and the 7 flashes is a common error with this model series.

As I mentioned in my last post if you get the parts from you can return them if needed.