MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

RA-mab

Customer Question

I asked a question about a week ago, and then I had to order parts and wait for them to come in and what i have been told still has not fixed the fridge and now I have more problems. I have a maytag and was told to first replace the high voltage circuit board, then I replaced the low voltage circuit board and now the overlay and everything is on and running but it is not getting cold and it was getting cold and that was not a problem until I have changed all these parts.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
If the compressor is running and the evaporator coil is not frosted fully then you have a sealed system issue here. Let me know what you have going on as only you can tell me. I have no history as to what was originally wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess the compressor is running how would I tell and how would I tell if the coil is not frosted fully.....and what is a sealed system issue mean... the fridge has been off and setting for about a week waiting on parts

before the ice maker door was popping ( open and shut) and I was told it was the main board (high voltage board) I fixed that... then the numbers were not moving on the frt of the fridge and I was told it was the low voltage board and that didn't work so I had to replace the overlay

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Did you follow the instructions to program the board? The fridge will not work if you did not. Instructions should have been with the hv board as that is definitely what was wrong here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a tech put the HV board in and we did the lv board and the overlay...

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Did this ever work after the hv board or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont know... we put the board in but the overlay was messed up and we had to change that first inorder to program the code in but we didn't have a problem with it getting cold before when the hv board was changed

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Feel the compressor and see if it is running. I can only assume the board was programmed from what you say. It does not hurt to enter the programing sequence again and try it if the unit is not running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok stupid question, where is the compressor, I hear a noise but I dont know where it is so I am assuming it is the compressor and everything on the back is enclosed in the fridge back

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
At the back behind the cover. Should be vibrating and warm. Condenser coil by it should feel warm. Fan inside freezer should be running too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have to wait until tomorrow then and have my husband pull it back out. Is there some way to get back with you and let you know

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Post back whenever. I will be on-line again later in the afternoon as I have calls to run tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you I will let you know.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
ok.