Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Samsung Panel Displaying Off In Fridge & Freezer.

Samsung control panel showing 'OFF' at both the fridge and freezer temperature areas. I have changed water filter, shut off energy saver, checked plugs and so on but still can't find out why 'off' is being displayed on the control panel.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When it shows 'OF OF' on the display, that means that the unit is in demo mode. Watch the video in the link below and it shows you how to exit demo mode for Samsung refrigerators.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did what the video said, tried it 3 times and it did nothing.

OK so if it won't unlock then try to unplug the refrigerator for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then your display board is just shorted for some reason and the display board itself will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well that didn't work either. So now I guess I have to call a repair man

Unfortunately that means your display board would need to be replaced. I'm not sure how handy you are but if you're handy you can replace the part yourself. Otherwise yes, I would call a repairman.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm very handy soing those type of things. I have to admit it makes me angry cause the diplay panel has been replaced once already when under the 1 year warranty. Now warranty over and it needs to be replaced again.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself, do you know of someplace fairly inexpensive that I could purchase it?

Usually the best price will be at or You'll need to enter your model number (located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator) to pull up the parts diagrams so that you can locate the display board you need to replace.