MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS

my cabrio washer will not start it hums for a second then the

Customer Question

my cabrio washer will not start it hums for a second then the lid lock warts flashing when I turn the power off the lid lock stays on flashing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 1 year ago.
When you start the unit, will it fill with water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, after I run the calibration it will go thru one load then the next load it will not even add water
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 1 year ago.
If you have changed the door lock and still this same problem then most likely you are gonna have a main control board fault. I would recommend replacing the control board to your unit.

You can also check the pump for any obstructions first as this is probably where the humming noise is coming from.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats not much help the machine drains fine the humming is in the motor trying to sense the load
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked the pressure switch?

You say the machine does nothing, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also said after I run the calibration mode that it will run thru a full load completely then on the next load it stops before sensing is finished
Expert:  AnthonysTV&Appliance replied 1 year ago.
What parts have you changed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lid switch capacitor actuator/shifter also ran the calibration and then it will run one load but no more with out unplugging it and running calibration again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Stopped responding
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
This sure sounds like a faulty control because the other components would not work for one cycle and then not another unless you unplugged it. In any event I would need you to see what error codes are being captured here to start a proper diagnosis instead of guessing and replacing unneeded parts. I have the service manual and can give you the needed steps if you do not have one (I cannot send it to you).

I may be out for a bit but will reply upon my return.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only fault codes will do is all 5 lights blinking
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the manual or not? There is a specific sequence to follow to extract the codes- just because all lights blink does not give any insight into the actual code. There is no error code where all 5 blink.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have the manual i ran the auto diag and the machine would stop 2/3rd thru the diag and and lock up. unplugged it accessed the faul codes and it would only display the 5 lights off and on just like before you select auto or manual or calibration. it will not give any fault cods

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
You have a bad control then. If it were working right it would work as the manual describes. This is the only part that would be affected by unplugging the washer as no other parts are electronic, so replace it if it is economical as some of these are very costly.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS