Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

everything works except clock display and oven temp displa

everything works except clock display and oven temp display
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Have you first tried to unplug or cut power off then back on..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

If resetting the control by unplugging has not fixed the problem..Then unfortunately you will need to replace the Computer /Clock as the clock is part of the computer..The led which displays the digits is faulty..Only fix is to replace..If you can post back the model number i can locate a replacement for you if available thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i replaced the computer/clock

What is the model number of the unit..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

jjw9527cab

Sorry i missed that on your orginal question..Chances of the new part being defective are slim...Most likely you have a problem with the power coming into the unit ..Check it for burnt or disconnected wiring at that point first..If ok..Test the power supply line for proper voltage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

has proper power and no burn,t wires. everything works except clock display and oven display. is it possible to get a bad computer/clock unit?

It has happened before but not likely..Most likely you have a feature set..Which hides the display..Such as Sabbath mode.Do you have the owners manual handy..? If so..Look in the manual under programing..Sometimes this can happen accidentally
Try pressing the CLOCK button..Holding it for at least 3 seconds..See if the display will show once you do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don,t have a manuel. holding the clock button does,nt work either

I do not think you have a faulty control..You have a option disabled on the control..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you have any idea how to enabe the option?

When you replaced the old control..Did the you notice if the new board was exactly the same..In further review there seems to be a problem with this control swap out...Actually replacing the control would override any option setting you may have..Your only option may be to have your old control repaired.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair