Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

GE washer Mod#GTWN3000M1WS . Machine does not rinse well or

GE washer Mod#GTWN3000M1WS . Machine does not rinse well or completely dry clothes in the spin cycle. Suspect this may have something to do with a previous incident in which the load (large rug) was not balanced in the tub and the machine spun violently out of balance. It leaves a small amount of soapy water in the bottom of the tub at the end of the cycle. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..The washer will not dry the items..Your problem is most likely a failing drain pump..The drain pump first removes the water before washer spins..If the items are wet..Then the water is not draining from the tub first..It is possible you might have some of the backing material from the rug stuck inside the drain pump..First check the drain pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What about the sloppy movement of the tub within the machine? It moves from side to side by hand with very little effort. Wasn't like that before the unbalanced load episode. I don't think it is just a failing drain pump.

This could be a combination of two problems it seems..Remove the front panel..Check the suspension springs on the tub.first.There are four which support the tub..To remove the front panel..Take a putty knife..Lift up on the tabs at #373 ..Pull the panel directly out towards you.Also this can be caused by the washer not actually spinning in the spin cycle..Due to a faulty lid switch..Make sure the washer is completing the spin cycle.Post back ..Let me know what you find so far..

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lid switch is OK and spin cycle operates. I'll check the suspension springs and get back to you.

Yes let me know what you find out..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The blow up schematic you sent is not for the model number I provided.
There are no tabs as indicated. I will proceed on my own, thank you. I am
NOT satisfied with your answers and will not be charged as per the
agreement.

I see you rated My answer to you as a negative rating..The model number i have referenced to you is the exact model number you have provided..The tabs are located at the top of the front panel just below the top of the washer itself.They are there..Ive been repairing appliances for over 24 years..Cannot remember a time where the tabs where not at that location..Take a flashlight..Shine it in the location of part #373 as stated in between the front panel and the top of the washer..Thanks Bob

Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

found them, replaced drain pump, works fine

Great job..On your part.!!!!!!!! .I'am Glad you are back up and running..Thanks Bob