Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have water running down the front of my refridgerators water/ice

Customer Question

I have water running down the front of my refridgerator's water/ice maker dispenser. I have water icesicles frozen on the inside of my refridgerator walls in the back. All the ice in the holder was frozen in a large chunk. I have turned off the icemaker - I think the water has stopped leaking. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry to hear of this problem..Are you able to provide me with a model number..? This will help us on advising you on how to correct your problem..Thanks Bob
Are you with us..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's model number LSC27921SB - side by side.

Ok great..Are you able to remove the complete ice Bin Ice and All..?
On the LG in Door Ice dispensers..If the units water inlet valve to the ice maker is faulty..It will consistently run water into the ice maker..Which will cause the water to leak through the dispenser itself..Then down the front of the door..This why LG suggests emptying the ice bin if the unit is not going to be used for a period of time such as a vacation home..From what you are explaining it sounds like the Problem is within the solinoid itself.Post back to me with your findings..We can take it from there..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well we turned off the ice maker, with that the leaking stopped. Last night we watched the tray try to dump the ice cubes. The cubes are stuck in the tray and will not release when turned over. When the tray goes back to the filling position, the water turn on trying to fill the tray.

Is there some type of part that pushes the cubes out of the tray? Please advise.

Ok great ..im glad you have a hands on look at the problem ..Seems the water valve is working properly..You will need to replace the ice maker itself..CLICK HERE FOR PART
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - I will be ordering the part.

Not a problem at all..Good luck on your repair..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at OK or greater so that i may be credited through the system.for my time working with you..Thanks Bob
Hi Nancy..I just wanted to check back with you to see how your repair was coming along..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well we pried the ice out of the maker trays and not it seems to be working. I did receive the part, which I am going to hold onto. Not sure what cause the issue with the icemaker, but it was over full and the cubes were stuck in the trays.

Thank you.

Nancy Schlimgen

Yes just keep a eye on it..Most likely it will occur again..Thanks Bob