Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

my ice dispenser is not working, I can unplug it from power

my ice dispenser is not working, I can unplug it from power and it will work for a few seconds but then it stops again. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.,,Do you have a model number please..? This will help me correctly diagnose your problem..Thank You Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i wish to cancel my request, sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay so dont cancel problem is back. model # XXXXX

Ok Great..please standby..Thanks Bob
If you look at the ice maker itself..Can you see a small Green Light..? IF so..Tell me what it is doing..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No small green light. On the controls area? threre is nothing on the atcual motor itself

Reach up into the ice maker...Is there ice in the ice maker tray..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no blockage, i have manually rotated the spiral mechanism that pushes out ice. there is no jam in the chute. The ice is not solid. I have some mechanical and good knowledge about mechanics. I just dont know are there parts that may not be receiving a signal from a switch? Motor bad? I can manually rotate the transfer on the motor freely.

You are not having a problem with the ice maker itself..You are having a problem with the unit dispensing ice..? IF so..Open the freezer door..Remove the ice bin..Set the dispenser to dispense ice..Hold the door switch in..At the same time..Tell me if the auger motor is running..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont know if you got my reply? the auger does not move, I can move it myself, i unplugged the motor and plugged it back in and it worked for a little while, It is late on the east coast please respond tonight and i will attempt other options in the morning

No i did not receive your reply..When you press the ice option does the dispenser light dim as this happens..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont know what dispenser light you are talking about but when i change from water to ice no it doesnt dim

There is a light at the door dispenser ..When you press a option the light comes on as you are dispensing ice or water..Does it dim as you depress the option..?
If the dispenser light does dim..Then replace the main control board..If not..Then you have a faulty Auger motor....Post back let me know what you find..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one more question.... The water dispenser not working either? Should i contact a pro? Is this control board easy to replace? Is there something i should know if i decide to take this next step on my own? What do you suggest? Idid turn the light on manually. When i depress the ice dispensewr the light does not dim at all. This mean bad auger?????

The light should com on by itself..Once the option is depressed if it dims..Then replace the main board around back..It is located under the silver plate at the middle of freezer side.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair