Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have just installed a kenmore gas range and installed the

I have just installed a kenmore gas range and installed the lp gas orifices in the upper burners and that works fine but, the oven runs to hot I have adjusted the shutter opening to wide open and it still puts out to much of a flame
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today..Are the instructions including either directions to install a office or adjust the ovens gas valve itself..? Do you have a model number..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only thing it says is to adjust the shutter on the oven and the broiler. Model # XXXXX , Kenmore brand

Does the flame in the oven area burn normal ..? Or is it very large at all times..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oven and broiler both burn 4 to 6 inchs insted of the one inch reccomended

Yes that is because the regulator also needs to be set to the lp setting..Normally completed by removing the plastic cap and flipping th orifice over for LP..I take you are reading directly from the owners manual..Those instructions are for adjust the flame with the proper orifices installed and the regulator adjusted for LP
Keep in mind it is best to have a qualified tech do the conversion due to possible explosion..Here are the correct directions on converting the regulator..Also please remember to Rate my answer to you..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that has already been done but, the problem still persists. Also I live on a ridge in the NC mountains about 3500 feet elevation

The elevation would not have anything to do with it..Your problem is within the orifice in the regulator or the regulator itself.