Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I have a GE electric range JPB23 and the heating element circular

I have a GE electric range JPB23 and the heating element circular calrod center turned from a stainless steel look to gold color after cooking a steak on #7 first side for 7 minutes and #5 heat temperture on the other side for 7 minutes. The ribeye was perfect and delicious but it turned the heating element gold color. Is there someting wrong and should I replace the heating element? Karin
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay the part that turned color what is the center round piece of the heating element?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The center round piece of the heating element says genuine calrod on it. Karin

Okay, that is very common for that piece to change color. That is due to the high heat and is nothing wrong with it so don't even worry about replacing the element. You are good to go and glad the ribeye was good.