Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

kenmore microwave over range stopped working interior wont

kenmore microwave over range stopped working interior wont go off and cant get micro to work
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have the model number of the microwave so I can better assist you? Does the display work okay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the display works but i the start doesnt activate

Okay, do you happen to have the model number of the unit? Also, just to be sure I understand the oven cavity light stays on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model # XXXXX yes cavity lite

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i would prefer you just phone please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still don't have an answer

I am sorry about the delay and by your symptoms it indicate that you have either the door latch out of adjustment/broken or a door switch has gone bad. Your microwave thinks the door is open. I am sending you a link to show you how to check the switches. Just copy and paste the link to your browser to pull up the video. Thank you for your time and patience, Randy.