Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

can i hookup a generator extension cord to the subzero if i

can i hookup a generator extension cord to the subzero if i can't pull out the fridge.  and how do i accomplish that?  details please.  my husband just yelled that i spent $58 on this...your answer better help me prepare for the hurricane!  :)

Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Yes it is very possible..Can you locate a model number for me..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model # XXXXX: bi42sd. side by side fridge/freezer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bi48sd. sorry. not 42

No problem at all..This can be completed due to the fact that the compressor is mounted ontop of the unit.The grill at the top Flips open,from the botXXXXX XXXXXft it up..This will give you access to the compressor and control board..Follow the power cord from the back to the control board..It is here were you will need to splice the wiring from the extension cord to the control board at the location of the existing wires from the power cord..It cannot be done in a simple plug and play fashion
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so basically it sounds like it can not be attempted now by a novice who has never spliced a wire before.

Yes that would unfortunately have to be completed by a tech..or someone who knows circuits..To answer your question it can be completed for sure. Thanks Bob