Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Maytag Washer (Topload). A sock was stuck in the pump

I have a Maytag Washer (Topload). A sock was stuck in the pump during discharge. I removed the sock and made sure everything was moving freely after removing the sock. Then it would not turn back on. I found a 1amp fuse had blown within the control panel area. I replaced the fuse turned it back on and it immediatley blew the fuse again. I dont see any burn out wires or shorts. What is the next step to determine why the fuse just blows?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Are you able to locate the model number..? Does this unit have the fuse at the lid switch ..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model# XXXXX The fuse was inside the control panel once the cover was removed.

Ok correct..The fuse is part of the lid switch..WHen the fuse trips..The cause will be a faulty micro switch #5..Replace the switch CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me the MFG Part# XXXXX make sure I order the correct part??

You can purchase the switch at any local appliance shop..Or order it online at the link to follow..Part number is XXXXX .Also please remember to rate my answer to you so that i may be credited through the system..Thanks Bob CLICK HERE FOR PART