Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

kitchenaid double oven kems308gwh

kitchenaid double oven kems308gwh
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today..Take a look at the diagram..THis should help you locate where the part goes..Let me know if the part you are referring to is not in the diagram..Thanks Bob

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that looks like it.... However I dont know how to install the ovens, warming drawer and vent.... Bought it used from Habitate for Humanity

I your question you stated you did not know where the part that was connected to the vent motor goes..Is that part of your problem solved from the diagram so far..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont know... the diagram does not show how it hooks up.... the oven is one solid peace.... I don't know if that unit sits on top f the oven, if there is a 1-6 inch space.... etc...... Is there anything that shows how the Vent oven and warming drawer gets installed? Do you want me to asked that question seperately so you get paid for oit?

No Not necessary I just wanted to make sure you have the correct diagram for the part in question..So you are looking for installation specs..Clearance etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes.... I'm more of a visual person... I like to see what it looks like and then look at the specs

Thanks Ken

Ok great..Thats kind of what i was thinking..CLICK HERE FOR SPECS ETC Thank You Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THanks... Had that one also..... I have those manuals... However it does not tell me how they all connect... I have a Warming drawer that I think would go on the bottom. Then I take it I'll have to build a platform for the oven to sit on, then a platform or something the vent will mount to..... I wish there was something to show me how all three piece mount..... Ugh

So you do not have a existing cabinet..? If not yes you will need to build a cabinet..The warming drawer can be mounted in any fashion..it could be mounted next to the unit if possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a cabinet with an old Kitchen Aide Double Oven that is 52 inches tall.

It has a drawer underneath that i can slide in the Warmer drawer in it.

Or i can leave that pot and pan drawer there.

Take out the old oven and build a section for the warming drawer...

That would leave me enough room for the new oven/microwave to go in it's place.

Then the cabinet that is above would be redesigned to accomdate the Rectangle and square Exhaust unit on top of the oven.

The thing that gets me about the exhause system, is that I take it drawer the heat from the oven/microwave from inside the cabnit and exspells it out through the attic. What gets me is there is no vent running to the oven to connect it to the exhaust....

That is where the visual would come in.

This unit does not have external venting..The install should have 2 in of clearance around the back top and sides.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So if there is a two inch clearance around the back, top and side.... The vent goes above the oven to draw the heat out correct?

That is correct..
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Hi Bob Here..I just wanted to check with you on the outcome of your oven install..If you have any further questions..i will be standing by..Thanks Bob