Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Firgibaire Model fws6600fsi washer that will not drain.

I have a Firgibaire Model fws6600fsi washer that will not drain. The drain tube is not two low I checked. What are the parts and step you would take to trouble shoot and fix the problem?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Can you hear the pump running as this happens..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sound at all

Ok great..If you try to open the lid while in drain mode..Does the lid open or does it stay locked..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it will open. I was just told some times she has to push the lid down when starting a load

Ok great..This means you have a faulty lid latch..It is a safety feature..The washer will not drain and spin until the lid is locked.This is confirmed by the fact that the washer will operate normally up to the spin cycle as you stated...CLICK HERE FOR PART Also please remember to rate my answer to you before leaving,so that i maybe credited through the system..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. also I looked and the resone she had to push the lide down some times the plasteic piece that pushes tyhe switch was hiting the metel side. But I will replace the Switch.

Have A great Day and thanks Agen

No problem at all..Goodluck on your repair...Thanks Bob