MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My machine keeps turning off in the middle o the cycle. I hit

My machine keeps turning off in the middle o the cycle. I hit power, spin speed, and start and SOMETIMES it drains the machine, but most of the time it just shuts down again. we had a tech replace the hall sensor and that didnot work. we have unpluged for 60 seconds ans spun tub and that didnot work. sometimes i can get 1 or 2 loads and then it starts over again.PLEASE HELP
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. What brand is this? Do you have the model #?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LG Model# XXXXX

Does any error show in the display when it stops or does the unit go dark?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It just goes dark

This sounds like a control board issue as nothing external to it would cause it to just go dark. The board would typically give a code if it sensed what was wrong, but you cannot expect that when it fails. I would replace it and buy it from repairclinic.com as they allow returns should the fault wind up being elsewhere. There is no way to test the board here-the way the machine acts is the only clue as to what should be attempted.

Drain pumps can be intermittent, so if you have a voltmeter you should also see if the pump gets power when you start the spin cycle only as it should run if so. If it does not run then it's bad. I would get one anyway as you will need it sooner or later as that is a very common failure, but not one that causes your symptoms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we had the pump replaced and the hall sensor

Then you still have the answer here.... The halls sensor has nothing to do with this issue and you did not mention the pump being replaced.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS