Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

samsung RS2545SH refrigerator blinking 1 line under fridge

samsung RS2545SH refrigerator blinking 1 line under fridge temp.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 2 years ago.

Francis :

It is number 7 and it could be the refrigerator side defrost error. You can try to reset the unit first and observe if the problem would come back. Press the two top buttons at the same time for 8 seconds or until you hear a chime.

Francis :

The unit would then start running.

Francis :

Or is it number 4, refrigerator fan error? I am sorry but I did not get which line is blinking. The center or the lowest line?

Customer:

line on top. how do i reset it?

Francis :

Ok. That would be the ice maker sensor if you have an ice maker. To reset it, you would have to press two top buttons on the display panel. Do you have two top buttons?

Customer:

Yes

Francis :

Press the power freeze and the power cool at the same time for more than 8 seconds or until you hear a chime. The unit would reset now, ans wait for a few minutes, and the compressor would start running and the display would come back to normal displaying the temperature of the boxes.

Customer:

left button is power freeze; right button is power cool

Customer:

are u Filipino?

Francis :

ok. I just posted the procedure.

Francis :

yes?

Customer:

saan?

Francis :

Subic? hahaha....I just don't know if we can talk with our language here.

Customer:

ok, where did you post the procedure?

Francis :

just before you typed the buttons. please scroll back...

Francis :

and you're from?

Customer:

is it pressing the power freeze and the power cool at the same time for more than 8 seconds or until you hear the chime?

Customer:

if that is the one you said, we just did by pressing the 2 buttons at the same time but it did not woek

Francis :

I think if you press them at the same time for more than 8 seconds, you will hear a chime. Then the unit's display would black out everything and then the display would come back with the numbers or temperatures displayed.

Francis :

You can try it longer than 8 seconds, wait for the chime even after more than 8 seconds. or until the display would turn blank.

Customer:

ok will do that

Customer:

it did not work

Francis :

Ok. Please hold on, let me see what I can still dig on the reset procedure of your unit.

Customer:

thank you so much FRancis

Francis :

Got a service manual near the model number of your unit but still browsing it to find out if there is anything about resetting the on board computer. There is a diagnostic though.

Customer:

is the service manual available online that we can print? thanks

Francis :

Yes, you can save a copy of that service manual and you can print it later. Please check the procedure on page 31, section 9-14 Self diagnostic. If there is an error, the segment would light up and to reset is our procedure. Then you can correct the problem first before you can continue.

Francis :

The service manual is available online and you just have to click the blue word form my post earlier.

Customer:

just look at the link you sent the model of our unit is not included

Francis :

Yes, but it is the nearest which could also be very useful since the 45 is just about rating of the unit. Good , better and best. So it is between good and better.

Customer:

you meant we can pick different model like close to the one we have?

Customer:

so rs2556sh will be the closest one?

Francis :

Just the manuals and procedures. Did you see a big difference on the panel on front of the freezer? If you do, then maybe we can not use this service manual. The unit could be imported and not from the US. If RS256 's panel looks very close to yours, then I would say you can use it.

Customer:

maybe they have different set of manual for our unit, it looks like the rest of the models included in our unit are the following

Customer:

RS 2544SL; RS 2622SW; RS2644SL; RS2666SL; RS2644SW; RS2666SW; RS2777SL

Francis :

I see. well, Is your unit's display still blinking one segment? And is it error number 1?

Customer:

it is still blinking 1 segment Fridge temp, the very top

Francis :

Ok. It would be the ice maker sensor. Do you have an ice maker in your unit?

Customer:

yes

Francis :

Is there a switch on the ice maker that you can turn the ice maker off? I am thinking, if the ice maker is off, the computer might bypass the monitoring of the ice maker sensor.

Customer:

i'll check please wait, thanks

Customer:

where can i find the switch fo the ice maker if there's one?

Francis :

usually at the front or at the side. There should be a lever that sense if the bin is full, can you keep it lifted so that the ice maker would stop making ice in case it has no switch. Just like the american type ice maker where you would just lift a lever to turn the ice maker on and off.

Customer:

ok, we have an icemaker but we are not using it actually because the water hose was busted so it's not working for a while, i meant we can make ice with just using ice trays but the bin that we have from the original was taken off, so actually in real essence we are not using it

Customer:

so it's actually off in the real sense

Francis :

Oh. Ok. I just don not know why pressing the two buttons would not reset the computer. Maybe you could have a bad button as well because I just found one answers of mine for the same model number of unit and the customer says it did beep and reset the computer but his unit has other problems besides resetting the computer. I am just now thinking, you could probably have a bad button that is why your unit is not resetting.

Customer:

maybe, because we did pressing the button so many times but it did not work, so what is the best solution you can suggest?

Francis :

I would suggest replacing the ice maker or replacing the front panel. Which ever is cheaper. But this still not a sure remedy. If you can borrow some parts from friends, then that would save you some money. Just to try. rather than buy them right away. Or if you can find them on a junk shop, some old ice maker for Samsung, then that would be great.

Customer:

so it is more on the ice maker, the unit will not function well if one of the parts is not working right? we can get away with that anyway only that it is needed inorder for the unit to function, is that what you meant?

Francis :

That is how the electronic works. It monitors everything before running the whole unit on.

Customer:

ok, thank you so much Francis

Francis :

You are very much welcome. I suggest that you keep the service manual that I gave. Who knows, it would be a great help in the future. BTW, from where are you in the Philippines?

Customer:

las pinas

Customer:

Manuela subd. verravile.

Francis :

Oh. Ok. JUst aXXXXXfrom us. Ok. Nice knowing there are Filipinos using this service. Have a great saturday then.

Customer:

thank you.

Francis :

Youre welcome.

Customer:

BTW is there a way to turn off the ice maker? what happen is, I turn off the supply of the water because it was leaking. so is there a way to shut it off.

Francis :

If you can leave the lever up, as if the bin is full of ice, i think the ice maker would no longer function. If it does not stay up, you can tie it up for the mean time temporarily.

Customer:

ok..

Francis :

Hello, Got to go now, Its past 1 am already. Anything else?

Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .