Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

gallery series model GLEQ2152ES0 stops in middle of cycle lights

Customer Question

gallery series model GLEQ2152ES0 stops in middle of cycle lights all flash continously
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you. Can you tell me if you have a digital display on this model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes but it does notever give a error code

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Can you try unplugging the unit, let it sit for a minute and then plug it back in to see if we can stop the lights from flashing. IF they stop flashing, we can try to put it into a diagnostics mode to get the error codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i can just hit the pause and it stops flashing hit start and it will start cycle over again sometimes will run whole cycle sometimes just couple of min and starts flashing again

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
OK. Below is the diagnostic test procedure can you please run it and tell me the error code you get.
Position cycle selector knob to the 3 O’clock position.
2. Press and hold the Select and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for six seconds.
3. Immediately after, press and hold the START and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds.
4. Rotate the cycle selector knob to the 2 O’clock position.

Once you complete this, an error code should appear in the display.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the knob has no markings no way to tell 3 oclock will go all way round and round has setting all way round

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
OK, let me take e a look at something and get right back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok, try this. Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise 3 settings from the normal cycle option. The press and hold the select and pause cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. The press and hold the start and pause cancel buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds. Then turn the cycle selector knob 1 click counter clockwise. You might have to do this a couple of times to get it right. However, once you do it right, you will get the error code in the display.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

got re5 atfter holding select pause/cancel button then when turn the knob back i click it cleared

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
that is "res" and means resume the cycle. Try entering again. An error code will begin with an E
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

e56

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The closet thing I see is an E5b and that error code means no heat. Is this a gas or electric dryer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could well be also beeped 5 times it is electric, when it finished last cycle it was heating

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The error means that the control thermistor was not sensing a temperature rise. If it is heating and you get this error than the control thermistor needs to be replaced.

The control thermistor is located on the blower housing. To access remove the bottom panel on the front by removing the two screw on the bottom of the panel. Once the panel is removed, you will see the blower housing. It is a plastic housing with a fan on it. On that housing is a thermistor with two wires. That is the defective part.

The part number isNNN-NN-NNNN You can order the part and searspartsdirect.com.
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

replaced the thermister still no heat checked the thermal fuse did a temp bypass still no heat any suggestions