Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

We have a Amana ARDS802SS Range. We are getting a F2 and F3

We have a Amana ARDS802SS Range. We are getting a F2 and F3 Error code. We have been told that we need a new key pad, but we are told that they are no longer available from Amana. Is there any solutions? Are there refurbished keypads or any other manufactures keypads that would work?
Hi, my name isXXXXX you are correct and this part is not available anywhere. However, there is a service that repairs control boards for ovens. You will have to remove the board and ship it to them and they will return it to you once repaired. You will be without the oven for about a week to 2 weeks during the repair. I have attached the link below for your review.
http://www.appliancetimers.com
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me how to remove the board? Do you have a rough idea of how much they charge? I realize that it would be just a rough idea.

To remove the board, you would need to pull the oven out to access the back of the control panel. Then remove the screws that hold the sheet metal to the back of the panel. From there you will see the back of the control board. To remove the board, remove the wire connections, making note of where they go for re installation. Then remove the four screws that hold the board in. The repair looks like it would be around $100 plus shipping.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you

YOu are most welcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
our model has a cook top. it appears that I will need to remove a lot of parts to get to where I think the control panel is. Would the control panel be right behind the clock/timer in the front of the oven? Can you give me more detail as to where exactly the control panel is and what it looks like?Also, I cracked the glass on the front door trying to get it the oven pulled out. Can I replace the outer glass without having to replace the whole door? It appears to be tempered. If so or no where would I go to get it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The diagrams I am looking at show the control board being on to p of th eunit in the backsplash. Is yours different. IN the attached link you can access the diagrams to see what I am referring to. You can also order the glass from this site.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Amana-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-ARDS802SSP1131948NSS/1268/0124111?searchedModel=ARDS802SS&blt=15

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I think it is different. There is no back splash on ours. It is in an island. The controls are in the front, in front of the burners. Would the part be right behind the clock/controls? Is the part actually the clock/controls that we operate? If so it looks like I need to take a lot of parts off, but I'm not sure which parts to take off. Would I need to take off a bunch of metal framing or should it be more like something that I should be able to unscrew and maybe pull the front off and then be able to get to it?

I called Sears they say the glass is not available. Is there somewhere else that I could go to for the front glass?

Sears did however say the control panel was available. I forgot to ask for the price. Their website says a subsitute is only available but the person on the phone says the part # comes up available. I feel like it's a safer bet to get the control panel out and get it fixed. Do you agree?

Th e clock is the control board and the keypad and you would have to remove the cook top to access the control. It looks the the site with the link below has the glass you need, it is item number 10 on the list. If you can get the control, then it would be better to replace it rather than get it repaired.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/07-oven-door-parts-for-amana-ards802ss-p1131947nss.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you

You are welcome.