Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

Hello, I have an older model dishwasher MDB7600AWB and the

Customer Question

Hello, I have an older model dishwasher MDB7600AWB and the roller/wheels on the rack have broken. I see that I can purchase the rails and rollers that are attached to the walls of the unit but do I need to replace the entire top rack because one wheel/roller has broken or can I find that one pieceÉ
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you tonight. Just so I can have a better understanding of the issue, you need just the wheels that are on the wash rack? IS it the lower rack or the upper rack?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is the upper rack and the wheels to which i am referring are attached by a screw to the metal bracket that also seems to be attached to the height mechanism. these wheels then roll into a small track.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, those are a part of the wash rack. I understand the frustration with having to replace a whole rack when just a small wheel is broken. THis is how manufacturers make products now. It lowers their manufacturing costs to order this part in as an assembly, but raises the cost on the end user. You referred to the rack as being expensive. What price have you seen? The website I am looking at has it $43.49.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jason, the prices I have seen on web-sites are between 260.00 to over 400.00. Can you give me some other web-sites and I can take it from there. The sites can be in the US as I don`t mind paying extra for shipping. Any help will be welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jason, I had to leave and for some reason, I am having trouble with the web-site. I appreciate that you are likely off line since it is 11:15 PM but if you could tell me what web-site you found with a price of 45.00 I would appreciate it. The lowest I have found is 240.00 and some sites have been more than 400.00. I appreciate your guidance and look forward to a reply. I will certainly then rate to finish.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I found this part on the Sears website. I looked at other sites on the web and saw how much they are charging. Most likely, the price difference is because this is a substitute part. Usually, on older machines, parts will be more expensive because the factory is no longer producing the machines and parts start to become scarce. However, if a substitute part from a currently produced machine can be used, the price will be lower because there is more part stock. I have provided the link to the site below. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/99002705/0022/ 465/Model-MDB7600AWB/3048/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0509202&diagramPageId=00004&productTypeId=0130000&searchModelNumber=MDB7600AWB&subCompDesc=Track%20&%20rack%20assembly&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=MAYTAG-DISHWASHER&blt=11&shdMod=MDB7600AWB

Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much Jason. I am trying to find the piece via the Canadian site of Sears parts and if I am unable to get it, I will have the US one sent to a family member in the US. Many thanks.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.