Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Problem: Sprayer arm wobble on Kitchen Aid Model KUDS011 JWH0

Problem: Sprayer arm wobble on Kitchen Aid Model KUDS011 JWH0 or JWHO
Wobble makes sprayer arm knock against the back wall of dish washer.
Question: Can the sprayer arm be adjusted / cleaned / replaced? (There is a a plastic bolt or knob in the center of the sprayer. Can this be removed?
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Is your problem with the lower spray arm?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you turn the lower spray arm by hand does it hit the back wall. The spray arm should wobble but it shouldn't ever touch the back wall?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about delay. (I was waiting for an email.) Yes, when we turn arm by hand it does hit back wall. When washer operates, we can hear the knocking, but when we open the door, it stops.

Ok there spray arm should be long enough to touch the back wall. I cant see a way that the spray arm could be out of place with the way ti attach's. Here is a video that will show you how to remove the spray arm. CLICK HERE. Most likely the back panel of the tub is bowed in an allowing the spray arm to hit. Try pressing on the back panel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for you help. No, the back of our dishwasher isn't bowed. Yes, the video is easy to follow, and the DW is just like ours. No, we didn't do the project today (too late and too busy).

Is there a way to give you feedback tomorrow? We'd like to tell you how our DIY project worked out.