MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My Kenmore Elite induction hob model no 790 is locked out all

My Kenmore Elite induction hob model no 790 is locked out all rings say E and the timer 31 .The lock switch will turn on and off but not the power control. Switching off the breaker has no effect as when I turn it back on the controls still show E and 31
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What more info would you like?

Hi
Can you check the model number on the data plate please?
That one doesn't show as being a valid Kenmore number

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the data plate? This hob is recessed in a worktop and the only info I have is in the instruction manual
Is there a cupboard underneath?
Look up onto the base of the cooktop, it should be there

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi it looks like c970 408231
Hi
Thanks.
That number tells me this is a 30 inch induction cook top and that it was made by Electrolux, so I think this is the correct model number.

Unfortunately I am unable to find any other information other than a parts list.
I will opt out and put your question to the top of the list.
Others will now see the model number, so if anyone has the information needed, they will respond to you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is 301/2 inches and it IS induction. The instructions are for Kenmore Elite and the model no in the booklet is 790 which is obviously wrong as the number in the base plate is c970- 408231.

I look forward to hearing from someone soon but as it is now 12 40 am pacific I will have to go to bed.

Hi
The number on the unit itself is always a better guide as to the model.
As the experts here are from all over the world, they will see this question as they log on, so they will reply if they can help. You can then reply when its convenient for you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

Your welcome

This indicates a failure of the module that has the left cooking zones unless there is a loose connection in the cables that connect to it. If all cables are good then module is bad. You need to pull this out and take it apart to do this.

MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Apparently there is a fuse which will cost $700 for part.

But thank you any way. I am going to have to buy a new one.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my hob needs a $700 fuse replaced so there was nothing that you or I could do. I will have to buy a new one

ok, best to buy the extended warranty when purchasing such an expensive item, so keep that in mind. Thanks