MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

I have a maytag model mvwb300 top load washer. I can not get

I have a maytag model mvwb300 top load washer. I can not get the inner tub to float. The cycle is interrupted with a "ol" error and drains.
You need to get the basket free to float- checking wire connections will not do that. Residue or even a piece of clothing can cause this, so remove the agitator and pull the basket up and down as needed to get it free. Nothing holds the basket to the shaft-it simply slides over it and can be quite hard to pull off. Cleaning off the exposed area and using some dish soap can make it easier to pull off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks! I will get back to you Monday.

OK. In order to pull the basket out you will need to pop up the top and remove the tub cover. There are videos on youtube to show you how if needed.

I answer your issue now- when you want it. You have to do the work I suggested whenever you can, so I do appreciate positive feedback. I will be around tomorrow if any follow-ups are needed.