Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have GE Profile Arctica refregirator, about 10 y.o, Model

I have GE Profile Arctica refregirator, about 10 y.o, Model PSS25NGNA. The freazer stopped working well,--does not hold the tepmerature desired, I set -1F and it show 17-27F and there is strong vibrating noise on the back or side of the fridge; the noise stops when the any of the doors are open. What sort of repair does it require and what might be a rough estimate. It is a good American fridge, it would be a shame to through it away. Thank you very much for the information. Appreciate you time and advice. Alex

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you open the freezer and look on the back wall to see if theres any frost on it ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, in the middle part of the frezer's compartment there is a lamp. Under the lamp there is some frost, ranging from .2 to 1 inch. The frost covers only a small portion of the frezer's back wall, about the mid-size book.

okay the consistent with a bad evaporator fan motor. (thus the vibration) you need to order and replace it. heres a link to order the part. its behind the back wall inside the freezer. its part number 610 on this diagram. this will take care of the issue of it not colling correctly and the vibration . hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What if this does not solve the problem?

you can come back and i will be glad to help you more if needed. I'm pretty confident this is the issue. one thing to look for when you get this apart. If there is a real lot of frost (the coils completely clogged) then there could be a defrost issue. however from what your telling me it sounds like the fan is the issue . I'll be on tomorrow if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I put the fridge on 4 hour defrost. If this does not help, I will order the part that you recommended and install it. Would it be all right if I release the payment when the repair is complete?

sure, It really doesn't matter the question stays open even if you rate me so I'll always be there if you need me, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help tonight. I will make sure I came back to rate and release the payment.

Okay have a great night. talk soon. thanks , Bryan