Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hAVE A MAYTAG GAS DRYER JUST REPAIRED AND NOW HAVE A PROBLEM

hAVE A MAYTAG GAS DRYER JUST REPAIRED AND NOW HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE FAN BLOWER HOUSING. AS IT SPINS IT SOUNDS LIKE A SOMETHING IN IT AS IT MAKES A RATTLE SOUND.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan the mo.# XXXXX XXXXX

this is a common issue and is what most likely caused the issue with the thermal fuse. these wheels strip on the motor shaft. you need to replace the blower wheel.since you have worked on this already what you need to do is take the front panel off again and the blower housing cover. # XXXXX on this diagram. then replace # XXXXX .this will take care of the issue. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Blower-Wheel/33001790/516674?modelNumber=MDG5500AWW not a real hard job.hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan how do I check to be sure.

if you take the front off and then the cover on the blower you will be able to move the blower by hand and see. the flat part on these rounds off and they get loose. just move the wheel back and forth and you will see .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

bryan can you send me a video showing this proceedure.

sorry I cant find a video. did you have the front off the dryer before ? if so theres a cover over the blower in the bottom left corner of the machine in the front. just reach in and move the blower. you should feel it loose.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan new question

okay , how can I help you ?